I recently did a certification course around Energetic medicine as it relates to healing emotional trauma by reprogramming the brain using the mind and it absolutely blew my mind! Here are some key points that I learned about and why I’m so excited to integrate this new discovery and methodology with my clients.
Neuroscience, energetic medicine, and quantum physics have been hot topics over the past decade or so, and it’s only now becoming mainstream and more people are benefiting from the new scientific discoveries around the brain and the mind-body connection.
Let’s first talk about the conscious mind.
- The conscious mind is our thinking mind. Most people assume it’s the conscious mind that is responsible for how we think, feel act, but that is true only 5% of the time according to Bruce Lipton, Ph.D. cellular biologist, (author of the book, Biology of Belief).
- Our conscious mind is only in control when we DECIDE how we want to feel.
- The problem is our subconscious mind decides how we feel about things we experience in life BEFORE our conscious even has time to decide how we want to feel. In other words, our subconscious is the lens through which we see the world.
- The subconscious mind is actually responsible for how we think, feel, and act 95% of the time!
- The subconscious holds our long-term memories and stores past experiences, beliefs, attitudes, values… BUT functions in the now.
- The subconscious is timeless; past traumas are still current in the subconscious mind.
- These suppressed emotions created by traumas (both big and small) typically also come with physical effects that manifest themselves as illness and disease.
- The subconscious monitors the operations of the body like heart rate, breathing, digestion, etc. It’s all the habitual/automatic systems in your body.
- Our subconscious mind controls every part of us; our health, happiness, relationships, success, spirituality, grief, loss, self-esteem, and personal power.
Most people consciously want a better life. But if they unknowingly have subconscious beliefs that they are to remain unhappy, unhealthy, and poor. Most of us don’t know how to let go of those limiting beliefs even though we think we have.
The subconscious is your supercomputer. The subconscious processes about 40 million bits of information per second and completes thousands of tasks at a time. The subconscious is around 1 million times more powerful than the conscious mind and controls about 95 to 99% of the day according to scientists. If you put that much power into what you want, it’s going to happen for you much quicker and with very less effort on your part. So it’s extremely important to keep your supercomputer in line with your goals for maximum happiness and success.
The subconscious isn’t really working against you. It just runs whatever program it has, until you replace these programs with something new, an upgrade, if you will, a new program that will serve you better.
Just like your computer or cell phone needs updates, so does your mind. Consider that you are walking around with lenses, filters, and fearful beliefs that were put there as a child. If you only knew how much better your life could be with the power of your subconscious mind working for you instead of against you.
The best part is that you don’t even have to go back and re-live the past to change your programming and align with your conscious goals. (Whew!)
The subconscious is focused on the present but uses past learning to perform current, automatic functions like driving, talking, and walking.
The first step in reprogramming your mind is to find out what you want. Most of us don’t know what we want, but most of us know what we don’t like and don’t want.
If you had a magic wand, and you got three wishes, what would it be? What would you want? What do you want your life to look like sound like and feel like?
We send out an energetic signal of what we want and then we track back to ourselves. The subconscious does not understand the negative. So if you’re wishing for what you don’t want or continuously thinking about what you don’t want your subconscious is creating that reality for you. There’s a popular saying, “Where focus goes, energy flows” If you think about what you want, you’re creating that reality. If your program what you do want into your subconscious mind, it becomes a new reality. The hardest part for most is keeping up the faith until what you want shows up.
The power of the subconscious is helpful in so many ways because we can do so much without thought. We can talk walk drive with zero conscious effort once we learn how to do it.
Do you know the saying “it’s like riding a bike”? Once you learn a new skill, you create new neural pathways (new program) in your brain, and you can now run that program automatically. How much concentration did it take when you learn to drive? Remember how much we used to focus, effort and concentration? But once you had it down, you can talk on the phone, and on to the radio, or plan out your business meeting …all while driving, because the subconscious is doing the driving. It’s that powerful!
What if your automatic subconscious “program” was stress fear, worry, anxiety sickness, doubt depression unhappiness loneliness, offensiveness, anger, judgment, untruth, abandonment, rage, addiction failure grief?
Can you see how these autopilot programs in the subconscious could be detrimental as well as helpful?
If you want something and are trying to get it done during the 1-4% of the time that you are in conscious control of your life, you will most likely be wondering why you can’t seem to accomplish that goal. You probably feel like you’re always getting in your OWN way!
So where did all of this programming come from anyways?
You got this when you were in utero to around seven years old. Your brain was in a theta state, which is like a hypnotic state. You’re a sponge soaking up everything. You didn’t judge good or bad. You just absorb the sights, sounds, feeling experiences and you even are programmed by your mother’s feelings while you’re in her uterus. You had no choice in the matter. Think about how many bad behaviors you know you have, and yet you are unable to break free from that way of being!
What type of programming in your subconscious mind could hurt you?
- How about some of those limiting beliefs:
- No matter what I do or how hard I try it’s never good enough.
- The decisions I make usually turn out wrong.
- If people knew the real me they wouldn’t like me.
- It’s all my/their fault.
- I shouldn’t try anything new or risky because I’ll probably screw it up.
- My opinion doesn’t really matter.
- What I do isn’t really important.
- I’m not good/smart/attractive enough.
- I’ll never make enough money.
- I don’t think my soulmate exists.
- I’ll never feel happy.
- I can never catch a break.
- I never have enough time or money.
- I’m not worth it.
And the list goes on and on.
If you’re having thoughts like these are outcomes like these, it may be time to upgrade your programming! When you reprogram your subconscious mind it can get out of your own way. The subconscious creates what it believes you want to create. It is what you’re believing (whether you like it or not).
If you don’t like your creation, change your belief system with the power of your mind.
If your brain is a supercomputer, what kind of programming would you like to have installed?
How would you like to feel about yourself, people, and the world? What would you like to believe about it? Write it as a goal statement and make your statement short, present tense, positively stated, and emotionally meaningful.
Some examples could be:
- I lovingly appreciate and accept myself.
- I love myself honestly and unconditionally.
- I am confident and feel safe and secure in the world
- I am worthy of ____
- I am willing to receive love and accept love.
- I enjoy having more money than I need.
- I see the good in myself and everyone around me
- I am perfect and happy to be me.
- I’m compassionate in my relationships.
- I’m always healthy and full of energy.
- I love to eat healthy food and exercise.
- I lovingly let go of the past.
- I am calm and confident in business.
- I sleep easily and peacefully.
- I am confident and I excel.
- I easily make $20,000 per month.
- I am pain-free.
While these may sound like positive affirmations, they’re actually statements you can program into your subconscious the best way to change your subconscious beliefs is to reprogram the subconscious mind.
Imagine the individual who tries so hard to be successful, but for some reason, they just seem to never get it right. Something seems to always block their success. This might be the same person who heard as a child things like, “you’ll never amount to anything” Or” why do you always mess everything up?” Or “you don’t deserve that”?
This person is trying, with their conscious mind (which only runs one to 4% of the day) to overrun the program that got recorded in the subconscious from their childhood. For the most part, our subconscious programs and conscious goals don’t align. Can you see why we all struggle?
Can you see why we get so frustrated with ourselves? Don’t get down on yourself. Just change your programming.
One solution is to be more mindful. Think about where you are, and what you’re doing, and be present. Function from your conscious mind, not your subconscious mind. Easier said than done right?
Be especially mindful around children. Not only are they watching you, but they’re recording you, and repeating the programs you teach them for the rest of their lives. Consider that their minds are like audio and video recorders.
So what self-esteem language are you teaching them? What relationship language are you teaching them?
Be the person to give the children around you positive, uplifting, subconscious programs that will help them succeed in life
Encourage them to be the best they can be and have the freedom to do what they were meant to do.
Smile and let your eyes light up when you see them.
Tell them that you’re so glad to know them.
Stop what you’re doing and listen when they speak to you.
Be open and curious about their ideas and questions.
Be patient and loving.
So how do you change the world? Positively program a child to be great!
Both our good and bad influences reverberate endlessly throughout humanity.
So what mark do you want to leave on the world? Make the changes in you. When you change, you see the world differently and people will respond to you differently and your world will forever change.
It seems bizarre, but in our adult lives, we often repeat what our parents did and said even though we consciously know that it isn’t right. We are also unable to let go of things our parents said to us decades ago, still living in the fear of that moment that felt like an eternity, but in reality, only lasted a few seconds.
Maybe we had a parent that was not around, and because of this, we feel abandoned or unworthy. We prove these feelings to ourselves when a friend starts to get a bit distant. We might subconsciously think it’s because we’re not good enough or that we said the wrong thing. Otherwise, they’d want to be around us more. We might turn to some type of self-soothing, like food or alcohol to improve our mood or numb our feelings. Maybe we don’t feel worthy, so we make ourselves busy by taking on too much to prove our value, thus neglecting to take care of ourselves. Like we change the oil in our car to keep the engine running, we should also update our minds to live our best life.
When you change how you see yourself, you change how you see the world. When you notice your beauty inside and out, you see that mirrored back in everyone and everything around you how do you realize your worth and divinity you program your subconscious mind. They might think it’s a slow and difficult process. That’s because they’ve been going about it all wrong.
The subconscious is easily programmable.
- It’s not always easy to let go of old limiting beliefs. The subconscious will do its best to keep you where you’re at because it is your programming.
- Are you willing to let go of old habits and thoughts? And take a good hard look at your life?
- Are you willing to take responsibility for where you are in your life? Are you willing to realize that you’ve created your life from the inside out?
- Are you ready to stop blaming yourself or others and just reprogram your mind?
- So where are you now? Where would you rather be?
- When you see the world differently, you act differently you think differently.
- Interested in learning more? Send me an email or schedule a consult with me!