FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does a Marriage Coach do?
I coach couples on how to save their marriage and be happy with the one they are with. I do this by helping them get in touch with what they truly want, and what is causing the pain and suffering. Most of the time, couples see immediate results, often occurring in the very first session.
Just like a sports coach, I look at the ‘performance’ objectively in a situation to assess what is missing so that you can build and create the kind of life and marriage you truly desire and identify all the things that are in the way of that intention and hold you responsible for the results you have in a loving, empowering, and compassionate manner. You are both human and come with a past filled with heartbreak, neglect, and disappointment. Oftentimes, it’s just about learning ways to communicate when you aren’t speaking the same language.
I've already seen a Therapist/Counselor in the past. How is this different?
Therapy focuses on mental health while coaching focuses on achieving your goals. While coaching is action and solutions-oriented, therapy is insight-oriented.
Therapists treat mental illness while coaches do not. These include depression, major anxiety, trauma, addictions, PTSD, etc. Because of this, they are covered under insurance. Coaching is not covered because the focus is not on treating an illness.
While the focus in psychotherapy is more on healing from the past, coaching is more focused on helping you achieve your future goals, creating new habits, taking new actions, and creating a life and marriage that you love, and how to make that a reality, usually by letting go of old stories, grudges, and above all, forgiveness.
The above differences are generalizations and do not apply to all psychotherapists and coaches. In reality, the differences between two psychotherapists or two coaches may be greater than the difference between a coach and a psychotherapist, depending on who they are.
Should we see a Therapist or a Coach?
▪️ Addictions of any kind
▪️ Sexual disorders and sexual abuse
▪️ Chronic depression, anxiety, PTSD
Couples Coaching services is perfect for healthy couples who are struggling in the following areas:
▪️ Trust, infidelity
▪️ Communication and connection
▪️ Lack of appreciation and partnership
▪️ Lack of clarity and understanding
The way I see it, if you want to vent about your problems and the emotions attached, then a therapist is the best option.
If you want answers, advice, and a game plan, then my services are the better option. If you are unsure, I suggest setting up a consult with both to determine which plan is right for you. s here
How and where do we meet for sessions?
How will I know if this is going to work?
What are your qualifications and experience?
1. I’m a Certified Life Coach and I have 15 years of experience in the self-development/coach/trainer space. I am a big nerd when it comes to the study of human potential and spiritual enlightenment that brings forth a natural feeling of freedom, love, and acceptance for all of life.
2. I am Certified in Energetic Healing with the ability to re-program and re-balance the brain using our subconscious mind.
3. I know the courage and work it takes to take on your life and transform every area of life such as money, self-worth, building a legacy, leadership, and family, in order to have more happiness, joy, love, and purpose in life. Now, I help people achieve the same.
4. I am happily married for 15 years to my best friend and our marriage is my greatest achievement and blessing. I use real-life proven strategies to gain the desired outcome for my clients.
5. I know what it’s like to go through a painful divorce and how to miraculously come out of it intact, with powerful, peaceful, and mutual respect.
6. My success rate with my clients speaks for itself. I am really good at what I do and I do not accept any clients that are not in alignment or are not emotionally ready.
7. I’ve personally experienced infidelity in my own family and past relationships and have seen the amazing power of acceptance, forgiveness, and unconditional love.
How do I know if we are ready for coaching?
▪️ Are you committed to making your marriage work? Is your partner?
▪️ Are you open and ready to learn new ways to communicate?
▪️ Are you willing to meet your partner halfway in order to find peace, acceptance, and happiness again?
▪️ Are you ready to give up your feelings of disappointment, resentment, and blame, and work together to find joy again?
If you answered YES, then you are ready to take the next steps by setting up a consultation to find out if I am the right partner for you.
What are some of your personal beliefs and philosophies?
1. There is nothing wrong with you, your partner or your relationship. You are just two people with different upbringings, values, beliefs, and expectations. So naturally, you may seem like you’re not speaking the same language and tend to get your lines of communication tangled. We will work together to untangle it and develop a new way to communicate.
2. It’s not your fault that your communication sucks. We were never taught in school how to listen to understand. We were taught to listen in order to react, defend, and justify. It’s all automatic in how we respond.
3. The healing of your relationship starts with the healing with yourself. Most of us have feelings of unworthiness, guilt, and fear. Most times, when we are triggered by our partner, and get upset, it points to a childhood experience that our partner reminds us of, which has very little to do with our partner.
4. Blame gets you nowhere. People make mistakes. We are all human after all. Mistakes require correction, not punishment.
5. There is so much power in honest vulnerability. It is not something to be feared or avoided. When we can set our ego aside and and be honest with ourselves, huge shifts occur. How can it not?
6. There is ALWAYS hope for reconciliation and happiness as long as the commitment and humility is there.
What services do you offer?
Our Signature Program is 3 months in duration, meeting for 2 hours a week. During each session, the time is split into 3, each of 40 minutes which includes a private session with both individuals and we finish off with a couples session.
In this 3-month program, you will:
1. Learn how to communicate easily and effectively with new tools and techniques
2. Learn to finally open the lines of communication and speak from the heart without fear of rejection or judgement
3. Gain mastery in listening with a new sense calm, understanding, empathy, respect and appreciation for each other
4. Understand what it looks like to have people feel heard, validated, and known by you
5. Have a deep understanding of you and your partner’s ‘love language’ to invite more love and affection into your relationship
6. Gain clarity into the destructive habits that are sabotaging your relationship and killing off intimacy
7. Learn to navigate feeling triggered and how to handle disagreements quickly and easily
8. Understand each other’s coping mechanisms derived from childhood and how to ‘dance with it’
9. Build respect and partnership by establishing clear expectations, boundaries and agreements
10. Create, build and plan a new and exciting future together full of fun, play, and adventure
Jeanell worked with one of my Daughter’s, who was suffering from a bad breakup. She did wonders to restore her confidence and zest for life. Thank you Jeanell. Your service is excellent and recommended.
Jeanell is such an amazing person. She is very caring and will help you solve problems and restore hope when you feel like its lost. Highly recommended.
— Dana Ko
Have been working with Jeanell for relationship coaching not because we have a bad relationship but because we wanted to be in an awesome relationship. Jeanell helped us move from good to great! Thanks 🙂